Re: [ANNOUNCE] 3.0-rt7

From: Madovsky
Date: Thu Aug 04 2011 - 12:07:36 EST

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Zijlstra" <peterz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "linux-kernel" <linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Thomas Gleixner" <tglx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "Paul E. McKenney" <paulmck@xxxxxxxxxx>; "linux-rt-users" <linux-rt-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2011 9:53 AM
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] 3.0-rt7

Hi,

With Thomas enjoying his well earned holidays, I hereby present you with
3.0-rt7.

Goodies included since last time:

- some raw_spinlock patch from Uwe.
- cpupri rework from Rostedt, something which should greatly benefit
everybody with smp hardware, the more cpus the more benefit.
- a possible fix for some posix timer splat reported by Fernando.
- i386-highmem support because I'd already written the code anyway
so I thought I might as well make it work.

I'll take patches implementing similar highmem muck on other arches, if
there's any code to be shared between the arches, do so.

Patches live at the usual location, single patch:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/patch-3.0-rt7.patch.bz2

quilt series tarball:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/patches-3.0-rt7.tar.bz2

If your favourite patch isn't included, make sure it landed in my inbox,
or better yet make it land there again.

Known issues I still have to look at is some posix test fail from der
Hofrat and the ever fun pile of CGROUP_RT.

Enjoy!

Danke Peterz and Thomas !
will test it soon

Franck