Re: USB related "unable to handle kernel paging request" in3.0.0-rc7

From: Florian Mickler
Date: Tue Aug 02 2011 - 08:02:25 EST

On Tue, 2 Aug 2011 14:35:54 +0300
Dan Carpenter <error27@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 02, 2011 at 12:40:28PM +0200, Florian Mickler wrote:
> > This should fix it.
> >

> That's not right. You should just make .size_of_priv = 20 with a
> comment.

Right. Don't know why I didn't do so right from the start. The thing
is, the buffer has to be seperately allocated from the heap in order
for it to be used as a dma target.
I probably overlooked that that is what actually happens in
dvb_usb_device_init. Or realized and changed everything accordingly but
forgot the .size_of_priv. ?

Anyway, that is what you get if you can't actually test what you do.
(Sorry Tino! The original patch submission had a big fat warning
that it was only compile tested, but that got lost somewhere along
the line...)

> regards,
> dan carpenter

Thx,