Re: [REGRESSION] [BISECTED] Unable to use 3D with Radeon 2100 and UI freezes with Firefox

From: Rogério Brito
Date: Sat Jul 30 2011 - 03:43:15 EST

Hi once again, but things are not good with any kernel past the reworked IRQ stuff.

On 2011-07-25, at 05:08, Dave Airlie wrote:

2011/7/24 Rogério Brito <rbrito@xxxxxxxxxx>:
After experiencing problems with many post 2.6.38 kernels with X when I used
Firefox to see any webpage that used some of the new HTML5 features (Firefox
freeze completely X and I could only log in remotely with SSH), I took some
time to see where things went wrong and, to cut a long story short, I
bisected the kernel and I found that a commit of yours was the first one
that introduced a problem with my system:

Can you attach /proc/interrupts as well please.

It seems that the radeon thing is just one of the manifestations of the problem.

Today, I noticed another bad symptom, when I accidentally booted with kernel 3.0 (I have many kernels in GRUB2): I printed a LaTeX document with only 2 pages of pure text. My printer is an inkjet printer connected via USB to my computer and it took about 6 minutes to print those 2 pages. The printer head moved printing something, then it paused a bit, then it printed some more, then it paused some more etc.

I just rebooted with 2.6.38 and the very same document was printed in, like, 15 seconds...

So, is there anything that I could do to rectify this situation? I can give you loads of dumps from here, as long as you tell me what would be useful.

Thanks,

--
Rogério Brito : rbrito@{ime.usp.br,gmail.com} : GPG key 4096R/BCFCAAAA
http://rb.doesntexist.org : Packages for LaTeX : algorithms.berlios.de