found the reason for: utsrelease.h contains "CHK include/generated/utsrelease"

From: Michael Brade
Date: Thu Jun 30 2011 - 16:59:02 EST

Hi,

> I repeatedly get garbled output in utsrelease.h when compiling my own
> kernel.
> To reproduce:
>
> make mrproper
> make allnoconfig
> make prepare
>
> Output of "cat include/generated/utsrelease.h":
> CHK include/generated/utsrelease

I have spent many more hours analyzing this and finally found exactly what
causes this problem: doing "make prepare" under a running kernel with the
grsecurity/PAX option CONFIG_PAX_MEMORY_UDEREF set to Yes. I will post this in
the grsecurity forums as well, it seems to be their bug after all.

cheers,
Michael