Re: linux-next: Tree for June 23 (net/can & i/o)

From: Mike Frysinger
Date: Thu Jun 23 2011 - 16:39:20 EST

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 01:54, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My fixes tree includes (as an experiment) the early part of
> mmotm-2011-06-22-13-05.
>
> The powerpc allyesconfig (and probably others) is still broken because we
> now build the staging drivers and because of a commit in the net tree.
> The breakage in Linus' tree is fixed by one of Andrew's patches above.
>
> The m68knommu tree lost its conflicts.
>
> The galak tree lost its conflicts.
>
> The net tree gained 2 build failures that I have left (see above).

not sure where this is coming from, but some Blackfin boards now fail with:

drivers/net/can/bfin_can.c: In function 'bfin_can_start_xmit':
drivers/net/can/bfin_can.c:247: error: implicit declaration of function 'writew'
make[3]: *** [drivers/net/can/bfin_can.o] Error 1

at any rate, the usage of writew() in this driver is wrong, so i sent
a patch to fix it. but since nothing in this file nor in my Blackfin
tree changed, i wonder if whatever common code changed is going to
break other stuff ...
-mike