Re: Build regressions/improvements in v3.0-rc3

From: Stephen Rothwell
Date: Thu Jun 23 2011 - 07:27:52 EST

Hi Geert,

On Sat, 18 Jun 2011 18:30:29 +1000 Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Jun 2011 11:19:48 +0200 Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Would it be possible to build with `make -k', so it continues in case
> > of an error, and
> > tries to build as much as possible?
> > Yes, I know this may increase build time considerably, but in an ideal
> > world, there
> > are no compile errors and everything is built anyway ;-)
>
> Done (I think - it required very simple changes to a Python script and I
> only do "monkey see, monkey do" Python programming :-))

I also made the mistake of fixing things so that the automatic "git
bisect for build failures" would work. That was taking much too much
time (over 4 hours for one build), so I have turned it off. Hopefully,
the builds will now run in a more reasonable time frame.
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx