Acer Aspire One now hangs on reboot/shutdown

From: Peter Chubb
Date: Wed Jun 22 2011 - 07:22:35 EST

Hi Matthew,
GIT commit 660e34cebf0a11d54f2d5dd8838607452355f321 x86: reorder
reboot method preferences causes my Acer Aspire One to hang on
shutdown/reboot.

I'm running the original Aspire One A110, BIOS version 3310.

Booting with reboot=k or reboot=b both work; so it looks like an
ACPI firmware bug.

I printed out the FADT bits that were relevant---it claims revision 4
in the header, and the ACPI_FADT_RESET_REGISTER bit is set in the
flags. The values of the reset register's address and width look
reasonable (address 3321 in IO space, width 8 offset 0)

I'm not sure of the best fix: one could I suppose add the Aspire
One to the list of machines that need BIOS reboot. Is there a
cleaner fix?

Peter C
--
Dr Peter Chubb peter DOT chubb AT nicta.com.au
http://www.ertos.nicta.com.au ERTOS within National ICT Australia