gma500: Whats needed to add support for 8086:4108

From: Christian Gmeiner
Date: Tue Jun 21 2011 - 06:51:23 EST

Hi community,

I am trying to get linux with X11 running on a system with a

VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Atom Processor
E6xx Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:4108] (rev 03)

I had a quick look at the gma500 driver, but it does not support this
device. So whats needed to add support for my device
in the gma500 driver? I am not sure if I simply can add the my device
id to the driver without breaking my the graphics controller.

Thanks,
--
Christian Gmeiner, MSc