Lock up when faking MMIO read[bwl] on some machines [WAS: Faking MMIOops? Fooling a driver]

From: RafaÅ MiÅecki
Date: Fri Jun 17 2011 - 18:31:39 EST

I use attached patch to fake result of read[bwl] performed by closed
source driver (ndiswrapper+bcmwl and wl).

1) It works great on my Sony VAIO with Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8400
2) It locks up Macbook Pro 8,1 with some 8-cores Intel

Do you have any idea why it causes the lockup? Function causing
problem is "set_ins_reg_val". I've created it as copy of
get_ins_reg_val, it just sets values in struct pt_regs, instead of
reading them).

--
RafaÅ