Re: REGRESSION: Performance regressions from switching anon_vma->lockto mutex

From: Ray Lee
Date: Fri Jun 17 2011 - 15:06:08 EST

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 11:22 AM, Tim Chen <tim.c.chen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> For this patch, I've run it 10 times and got an average throughput of
> 104.9% compared with 2.6.39 vanilla baseline. ÂWide variations are seen
> run to run and the difference between max and min throughput is 52% of
> average value.

If the variations are that drastic, it's useful to include the
standard deviation of the mean for each kernel as well. I know it's
only 10 runs, but it's often useful to know if a slow but reliable
process is being replaced by a sometimes faster but more erratic one,
for example.

Just a thought.

~r.