Re: REGRESSION: Performance regressions from switching anon_vma->lockto mutex

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Thu Jun 16 2011 - 18:00:44 EST

Ok, I bet it doesn't make them a non-issue, but if doing this in
anon_vma_clone() helped a lot, then doing the exact same pattern in
unlink_anon_vmas() hopefully helps some more.
Hi Linus,

I did essentially the same thing (just in a less elegant, more paranoid way) in my old
batching patches.

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.mm/63130

They made it a bit better, but overall it's still much worse than 2.6.35 (.36 introduced the
root chain locking). I guess we'll see if it can recover mutex though, but I'm not
optimistic.

-Andi