Re: REGRESSION: Performance regressions from switching anon_vma->lockto mutex

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Wed Jun 15 2011 - 18:41:57 EST

(needing to know the
number of cpus to optimize locking sounds like a trainwreck all of its
own, needing it _that_ often instead of just once at startup is even
worse).

libdb does it only once per startup, it's just that it gets restarted for every
child (it's a library, not a server)

Really the kernel just needs to provide a faster way to get that.
Requiring /proc/stat for that is just insane.

I'll resend the sysconf patchkit I guess :-)

-Andi