Re: [OOPS] 3.0-rc1 cifs

From: Martijn Uffing
Date: Tue Jun 14 2011 - 17:11:37 EST

(cc'ing Pavel)

Ok, I've been able to reproduce on -rc2 as well, simply by mounting
with -o sec=none. Pavel, I'm pretty sure this got broken by commit
724d9f1cfb. That patch doesn't handle the "null user" case correctly.
There are probably several different ways to fix it:

Ave all

Just to confirm the OOPS/BUG is still present in 3.0-rc3

3.0-rc3 -> same OOPS as in rc1
3.0-rc3+ Jeff's patch -> same BUG as in rc1

Can I be helpful with further testing by cranking up some more debugging options in the kernel hacking section of "make menuconfig", or is the cause of the OOPS/BUG clear enough?

Martijn