Re: rcu_sched_state detected stall on CPU 0, 3.0-rc2

From: Andy Isaacson
Date: Sun Jun 12 2011 - 19:11:34 EST

On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 12:58:56PM -0700, Andy Isaacson wrote:
> My Thinkpad x201s threw some errors (?) a few minutes after resuming
> from suspend-to-ram this morning.
>
> [56415.672140] INFO: rcu_sched_state detected stall on CPU 0 (t=15000 jiffies)
>
> Nothing jumps out of the backtraces at me. Full dmesg and config
> attached. This was my first StR since upgrading from 2.6.39, let's see
> if it fails again when I suspend after sending this email. :)

I haven't had a fully successful StR cycle yet (in 5 tries), although I
can't pin them all on RCU. On try 2 it hung completely about 10 seconds
after I unlocked the screensaver, on try 3 it came back to a black
console, and on try 4 it didn't suspend at all (blinking moon LED but
battery LED and CPU fan still on).

-andy