Re: [RFC] x86, NMI, Treat unknown NMI as hardware error

From: Cyrill Gorcunov
Date: Thu Jun 09 2011 - 11:22:44 EST

On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 08:09:28AM -0400, Don Zickus wrote:
> Perhaps I am a bit naive in my belief but I am a little nervous panicing
> all the time on unknown NMIs when we are still chasing missed perf NMIs on
> a loaded box.
>
> Cheers,
> Don

Agreed, though I always vote for notifier chain (with either CONFIG_ option
or command line one) so there would be a way to turn panic off if needed.
I believe there is a way to make such NMI handler being with highest priority
and Ying will be able to do with it whatever he wants -- panic, warning,
or even immediate reboot, whatever ;)

Cyrill