Re: XFS problem in 2.6.32

From: Ted Ts'o
Date: Wed Jun 08 2011 - 14:50:36 EST

On Wed, Jun 08, 2011 at 10:16:59AM -0400, Mike Snitzer wrote:

> And what _exactly_ is Red Hat (not) doing? Red Hat isn't going crazy
> backporting its upstream > 2.6.32 fixes to 2.6.32.y even when Red Hat
> doesn't consume 2.6.32.y? *gasp*

Well, the original poster was expecting that (unspecified people)
would be doing this regularly (in fact he was complaining about how an
XFS bug fixed in RHEL wasn't fixed in 2.6.32.y). I was explaining how
it wasn't happening, and it was perfectly acceptable for that to be
the case.

So I was actually *defending* Red Hat....

- Ted