Calling code

From: Micha M.
Date: Wed Jun 08 2011 - 09:24:08 EST

Hi!

I'd like to know if it is possible to jump to a certain address, run code
from there and then return to the kernel-module (the caller). That code is
located somewhere in the physical address space and uses (internal) also
physical addesses. I tried to ioremap that function, but unfortunatly I
got some page faults causing an Oops. I realized that this approach will
not work regarding the fixed and absolute addresses in the code.

So is there a way to jump to a certain address, run code from there and
after execution return to the caller? I would prefere a way without
assembly :-)

Regards,

#micha

--
/* To err is human; to really fuck things up requires the root password */