USB driver "option" proposed patch to support Huawei E353 hardware

From: Marcin GaÅczyÅski
Date: Fri May 13 2011 - 20:50:53 EST

Hi,

I am sharing patch to the devices/usb/serial/option.c. This allows operation of Huawei E353 broadband modem using the âoptionâ driver. The patch simply adds new constant with proper product ID and an entry to usb_device_id. I worked on the fresh driver file downloaded from GIT. Tested on Dell inspiron 1764 (i3 core cpu) and brand new Huawei E353 modem, Fedora 15 beta.

Looking at the type of change, i doubt it has potential to introduce problems in other parts of kernel or the driver itself.

I am not an active kernel developer, thus i would not be joining the list... for now. If Youâd like to reach me, please respond directly.

--best rgds
Marcin Galczynski