A word of warning

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Mon Apr 18 2011 - 13:01:20 EST

Greetings all;

I have just now managed to recover a working system caused by updating the
firmware on 2 of those 1 terrabyte seagate drives. One of them was the
system drive, and the update scrambled the labels and blkid's, but not the
partitions, so my data remained available but it had to be searched for.

The drive remained usable and I have recovered all my data to the other of
these twin drives, but its write speeds run in the 350k/sec range, so I
just now have it all moved back to the good drive.

This past week is one I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)