Re: [GIT PULL] Core block IO bits for 2.6.39 - early Oops

From: Jens Axboe
Date: Thu Mar 24 2011 - 14:51:39 EST

On 2011-03-24 19:36, Jens Axboe wrote:
> On 2011-03-24 19:30, Markus Trippelsdorf wrote:
>> On 2011.03.24 at 14:43 +0100, Jens Axboe wrote:
>>>
>>> This is the main pull request for the block IO layer and friends for
>>> 2.6.39.
>>
>> This merge results in an early oops on my system (amd64, xfs).
>> See the attached photo.
>>

> Auch. Can you ensure that you have CONFIG_DEBUGINFO=y in your .config
> and then do:
>
> $ gdb vmlinux
> l *cfq_insert_request+0x32
>
> and send that output?

I took a closer look at the oops, and it most likely looks like q ==
NULL (offset 0x18 == q->elevator). You left out the Code part, so I
can't verify that for certain. Which makes very little sense. I take it
this is 100% reproducible? When you send the gdb output, please also
attach your .config.

--
Jens Axboe