Re: [git pull] VFS - the first pile

From: Al Viro
Date: Tue Mar 15 2011 - 18:18:25 EST

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 09:32:48PM +0000, Al Viro wrote:
> Shortlog:
> Al Viro (45):
> compat breakage in preadv() and pwritev()

BTW, a question about rebases: is that kind of situation worth doing
a rebase of the queue/backmerge/etc.?

This commit sits in the base of that branch, with branchpoint at Mar 10;
the same thing had been applied in mainline at Mar 13. git merge does,
of course, handle it just fine; I guess I should've posted a pull request
back then instead of posting the patch - to be honest, I hadn't thought
about that.

What's the prefered way of dealing with such situations? Leave as is?
Rebase at the point where the patch went into mainline? Something else?