Question about using Qemu and Eclipse CDT for debugging kernel

From: Amirali Shambayati
Date: Mon Mar 07 2011 - 13:24:22 EST

Dear all,

I use Qemu and Eclipse CDT debugging tool for debugging kernel. I
installed ubuntu 10.04 on a Qemu image disk. Now I use following
command to run qemu ubuntu disk image with my kernel(2.6.32.29) : sudo
qemu -s -S -hda ubuntu-qemu-test -append "root=/dev/sda1" -kernel
/mnt/build/linux-2.6/arch/x86/boot/bzImage
My problem is, after eclipse started debugging, and qemu boots ubuntu,
mouse is hidden, but when I run ubuntu on Qemu with his own
kernel(using this command: qemu ubuntu-qemu-test), I don't encounter
this problem.
In addition, I use unmodified version of kernel 2.6.32.29 now. After
this step, I will put my own code(My new IO scheduler) in kernel.

Anyone's guidance is appreciated.

p.s
Before Ubuntu, I used ready image disk on Qemu's site:
linux-0.2.img.bz2 (Small Linux disk image containing a 2.6.20 Linux
kernel, X11 and various utilities to test QEMU ) which is a very small
linux with very restricted facilities and no GUI. Since I intended to
use benchmarks to evaluate my code, and I encountered some problems in
installing packages,I decided not to use it.

This is a part of my B.S thesis and I'm frozen in this step!! your
help will be so admirable for me.

Regards,

--
Amirali Shambayati