Re: Renicing for OpenGL smoothness.

From: Notifications
Date: Fri Mar 04 2011 - 16:54:07 EST

So I was thinking, maybe some of you could inform me, which processes are involved in getting the graphics on-screen.
I have already started making a renicing script.

Well, there's just two processes that I couldn't find information on online though, kintegrityd and kworker. I set them to highpri for the moment, in my script. However the script didn't seem to make much of a difference, so the processes that run on Ubuntu Natty Narwhal seems to be quite well behaved. It's just a principle though, that any background processes shouldn't be able to request a lot of cpu, while I am running my opengl app. I do see that the ubuntu folks have reniced some processes of their own though.
[khelper] [kintegrityd] [kblockd] [kacpid] [kacpi_notify] [kacpi_hotplug] [ata_sff] and more are all at -20. Seems to be quite the opposite of what I am doing...