Re: regression - 2.6.36 -> 2.6.37 - kvm - 32bit SMP guests don'tboot

From: Zachary Amsden
Date: Fri Mar 04 2011 - 10:13:58 EST

On 03/03/2011 05:01 PM, Nikola Ciprich wrote:
That sounds like a kernel which will be vulnerable to broken KVM clock
on 32-bit. There's a kernel side fix that is needed, but why the server
side change triggers the problem needs more investigation.
OK, it's important for me that I can fix this by kernel parameter,
but if I can help somehow with debugging, please let me know.
thanks for Your time!
nik

You don't see any messages about TSC being unstable or switching clocksource after loading the KVM module? And you are not suspending the host or anything?

Can you try using "processor.max_cstate=1" on the host as a kernel parameter and see if it makes a difference?