Compile failure 'Bad ELF' ??

From: Ben Greear
Date: Thu Mar 03 2011 - 18:00:29 EST

I just merged in wireless-testing 2.6.38-rc7 and I'm getting
a strange build error. This tree has a bunch of my own hacks
in it too...

[greearb@build-32 wireless-testing-ct.p4s]$ make bzImage
make -C /home/greearb/git/linux.wireless-testing-ct O=/home/greearb/kernel/2.6/wireless-testing-ct.p4s/. bzImage
GEN /home/greearb/kernel/2.6/wireless-testing-ct.p4s/Makefile
scripts/kconfig/conf --silentoldconfig Kconfig
Using /home/greearb/git/linux.wireless-testing-ct as source for kernel
GEN /home/greearb/kernel/2.6/wireless-testing-ct.p4s/Makefile
CHK include/linux/version.h
CHK include/generated/utsrelease.h
CALL /home/greearb/git/linux.wireless-testing-ct/scripts/checksyscalls.sh
MKELF scripts/mod/elfconfig.h
Error: not ELF
make[4]: *** [scripts/mod/elfconfig.h] Error 1
make[3]: *** [scripts/mod] Error 2
make[2]: *** [scripts] Error 2
make[1]: *** [sub-make] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

It appears to have something to do with how things are configured,
as I was able to build a more stripped-down version for the C3 kernel
from the same source tree.

Any ideas on what sort of thing can cause this?

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>