Re: [Qualcomm PM8921 MFD 2/6] mfd: pm8xxx: Add irq support

From: Abhijeet Dharmapurikar
Date: Thu Mar 03 2011 - 17:55:26 EST

Mark Brown wrote:
On Wed, Mar 02, 2011 at 08:38:03PM -0800, Abhijeet Dharmapurikar wrote:
Mark Brown wrote:

Is it really useful to register a struct device purely for the interrupt
controller? I'd have expected this to be core functionality of the
device. The fact that you need to store the device at all is a bit odd
too as you're using the MFD API.

This design is slightly different from other MFD drivers.
I separated the interrupt from the core because the interrupt
implementation for different Qualcomm pmics remains the same. On
8660 FFA boards for example, we have two pmic chips that have the
same interrupt subdevice implementation (the number of interrupts
managed by each is different). I didn't want to duplicate the exact
code in the core driver - hence a separate interrupt driver.

Could you deal with this with a library instead?

Can you please clarify what a library means here?

pm8xxxx_read_block

Do you still think I should change the name?

I'd suggest adding an _irq in there.
Ok will do.

--
Sent by an employee of the Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of the Code Aurora Forum.