Re: regression - 2.6.36 -> 2.6.37 - kvm - 32bit SMP guests don'tboot

From: Zachary Amsden
Date: Thu Mar 03 2011 - 16:58:51 EST

On 03/03/2011 04:06 PM, Nikola Ciprich wrote:
What is the exact kernel version you are using in the guest.
It's latest centos (2.6.18-194.32.1.el5), so I guess there are a lot
of fixes, but it's possible the kvm-clock is broken in it.
I can't influence what kernel is used there (at least not on customer's
guests), but I guess asking for adding clocksource kernel parameter is
not problem.

That sounds like a kernel which will be vulnerable to broken KVM clock on 32-bit. There's a kernel side fix that is needed, but why the server side change triggers the problem needs more investigation.

Zach