changing EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL to EXPORT_SYMBOL in DD-WRT

From: Armijn Hemel
Date: Thu Mar 03 2011 - 10:31:51 EST

hello Sebastian,

I noticed that a few hours ago you changed a few lines in the kernel
source of DD-WRT, changing the export from a few symbols from 'GPL only'
to something a lot more permissive:

http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/changeset/16368

As you are probably aware the EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL macro is there to
clearly signal that it was the author's intent to make these symbols
only available to GPL licensed kernel modules. What you have effectively
done is ignore the author's intent. It also might end up in DD-WRT
derivatives.

I am sure that this is not what you meant to do. The commit message
indicates that you are working around a certain problem you are facing
with DD-WRT. I am sure that the Linux kernel developers would love to
hear about that problem. For your convenience I have put them in CC.

warm regards,

armijn