Re: spi_topcliff_pch: reload issue

From: Grant Likely
Date: Wed Mar 02 2011 - 17:08:10 EST

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 10:22:11AM +0900, Tomoya MORINAGA wrote:
> Hi,
>
> issue: after reload the spi module, it can't do SPI communication.
>
> We have faced issue when execute the following command.
> insmod xxx.ko(Then, /dev/spidev0.0 is created with success)
> rmmod xxx.ko (Then, /dev/spidev0.0 is deleted with success)
> insmod xxx.ko(Then, /dev/spidev0.0 is created, however, below error message is showed)
>
> 0000:02:0c.1: registered master spi0
> 0000:02:0c.1: chipselect 0 already in use
> 0000:02:0c.1: can't create new device for spidev
>
> Do you have any information about the above ?

Nope, I'm not an expert on that driver, but it definitely looks like a
bug! :-) It *looks* like the spi_device slaves are not getting unregistered
when the driver unloads. That's where I would start investigating.
The bug could either be in core code or the device driver itself, but
I don't know without digging deeper.

g.