Re: [GIT PULL tip:x86/mm]

From: Tejun Heo
Date: Wed Mar 02 2011 - 04:17:42 EST

Hello, Yinghai.

On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 02:19:13PM -0800, Yinghai Lu wrote:
> after looking at the code, it seems the cleanup does have several problems:
> 1. need to reserve temp numa dist.
> We only can use find_...without_reserve tricks when we are done with
> the old one before get another new one.

Indeed, thanks for catching this.

> 2. during copying should only copy with NEW numa_dist_cnt size.
> so need to call numa_alloc_dist at first before copy.

It doesn't matter. numa_set_distance() ignores distances for nodes
which are out of scope.

> 3. phys_dist whould numa_dist_cnt square size
> 4. numa_reset_distance should free numa_dist_cnt square size

Yeah, I seem to have completely forgotten about the square thing.
Stupid.

I'll regenerate patches with changes for 1, 3 and 4. For 2, I'll add
comments explaining why it's okay.

Thanks.

--
tejun