Re: [BUG] drm/i915 Screen corruption introduced by a00b10c360b35d6431a94cb

From: Indan Zupancic
Date: Sun Feb 20 2011 - 06:19:23 EST

Hi,

Good news:

On Sun, February 20, 2011 11:55, Daniel Vetter wrote:
>> > I've created two quick patches to check a few theories, please test them
>> > (both patches independently and both together). Patches attached.
>>
>> Tried with both applied, doesn't change anything.
>
> I've just noticed that one of the patches (the 2nd one) doesn't work as
> advertised. Please retest with the attached one.

This one fixes it!

So ignore my other email, you nailed it. Thanks a heap Daniel.

Tomorrow I'll test more and double check, but it seems fixed.

Of course, looking at the patch, I guess it isn't generally
applicable, so perhaps either more digging or a special
exception for older chipsets is needed. I'm happy to test
any further patches if that helps, triggering the corruption
is really easy for me.

Thanks,

Indan