Re: BUG: Bad page map in process udevd (anon_vma: (null)) in 2.6.38-rc4

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Feb 17 2011 - 23:39:08 EST

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 8:30 PM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The patch from Eric Dumazet (which adds a few more cases to my patch
> and hopefully catches them all) almost certainly fixes this rather
> nasty memory corruption.

Oh, but you weren't cc'd on that part of the thread, since the thread
got started from Michal Hocko's similar trouble. So you may have never
even noticed that patch, or my "improved LIST_DEBUG" patch in the same
thread)

You can find Eric Dumazet's patch on lkml (see the background at

http://lkml.org/lkml/2011/2/17/267

and you'll see Dumazet's reply and my improved list debugging too).

Eric Dumazet: have you made any other changes to that patch? Or should
Eric (too many Eric's in this thread ;) just test the patch you
posted?

Linus