Re: Porting "jump labels" to userspace

From: David Daney
Date: Wed Feb 16 2011 - 15:14:47 EST

On 02/16/2011 12:00 PM, Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:
[...]>
Actually, creating the equivalent of the jump labels for userspace is on our
list of "things to do" for the UST project.

If Jason and other jump label contributors agree to dual-license the jump label
generic and per-arch implementations under both GPLv2 and LGPLv2.1, we could
probably re-use a large part of this code to create a static jump label library
for userspace. The concerned authors are precisely: Jason for generic and x86
code, Steven for some improvements in generic code and David S. Miller for the
sparc port. After things settle down with the current jump label changes
proposed by Peter Zijlstra, we might also want to ask for his permission to
LGPLize his changes.

FWIW: MIPS jump label support is now in as of:

94bb0c1 (MIPS: jump label: Add MIPS support.)

I would be the author of that.

David Daney