[REGRESSION] S3 suspend on SandyBridge freezes due toon_each_cpu() change (bd924e8)

From: Matthias Hopf
Date: Wed Jan 26 2011 - 11:02:38 EST

While bisecting a dri S3 issue I stumbled in 2.6.38-rc1 over a
regression because of NX protection (5bd5a4, currently being discussed),
and with a patch fixing this issue I stumbled again in 2.6.38-rc2
because of commit bd924e8:

smp: Allow on_each_cpu() to be called while early_boot_irqs_disabled status to init/main.c

Reverting this commit makes suspend work on SandyBridge again. I haven't
tested reverting this commit on v2.6.38-rc2 yet, though.

I'm compiling for i586, not x86_64.

lspci -vvv output is attached.

(for internal reference: machine NUE874)

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf@xxxxxxx> __ __ __
Phone +49-911-74053-715 __) |_| __) |__ R & D www.mshopf.de