Re: 2.6.36/2.6.37: broken compatibility with userspace input-utils?

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Date: Wed Jan 26 2011 - 08:09:08 EST

Hi,

Btw, I took some time to take analyse the input-kbd stuff.
As said at the README:

This is a small collection of input layer utilities. I wrote them
mainly for testing and debugging, but maybe others find them useful
too :-)
Gerd Knorr<kraxel@xxxxxxxxxxx> [SUSE Labs]

This is an old testing tool written by Gerd Hoffmann probably used for him
to test the V4L early Remote Controller implementations.

Indeed.

The last "official" version seems to be this one:
http://dl.bytesex.org/cvs-snapshots/input-20081014-101501.tar.gz

Just moved the bits to git a few days ago.
http://bigendian.kraxel.org/cgit/input/

Code is unchanged since 2008 though.

Gerd, if you're still maintaining it, it is a good idea to apply Dmitry's
patch:
http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-input/msg13728.html

Hmm, doesn't apply cleanly ...

cheers,