[ANNOUNCE] Git 1.7.4-rc3

From: Junio C Hamano
Date: Mon Jan 24 2011 - 17:36:32 EST

A release candidate Git 1.7.4-rc3 is available at the usual places
for testing:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/

git-1.7.4.rc3.tar.{gz,bz2} (source tarball)
git-htmldocs-1.7.4.rc3.tar.{gz,bz2} (preformatted docs)
git-manpages-1.7.4.rc3.tar.{gz,bz2} (preformatted docs)

The RPM binary packages for a few architectures are found in:

testing/git-*-1.7.4.rc3-1.fc13.$arch.rpm (RPM)

Except for a regression fix to keep honoring "git --work-tree=/there/ cmd"
without specifying --git-dir (Thanks Jonathan), there isn't any exciting
new thing to see here; which is exactly the way how I want an rc3 to be.

Hopefully we can tag the final by the end of the month. Everybody, thanks
in advance for testing this rc ;-).

Changes since v1.7.4-rc2 are as follows:

Alexey Shumkin (1):
userdiff: match Pascal class methods

BjÃrn Steinbrink (1):
Correctly report corrupted objects

Erik Faye-Lund (1):
exec_cmd: remove unused extern

Johannes Sixt (2):
Fix expected values of setup tests on Windows
t/README: hint about using $(pwd) rather than $PWD in tests

Jonathan Nieder (9):
ll-merge: simplify opts == NULL case
Documentation/fast-import: capitalize beginning of sentence
remote-ext: do not segfault for blank lines
Documentation/fast-import: put explanation of M 040000 <dataref> "" in context
tests: cosmetic improvements to the repo-setup test
tests: compress the setup tests
Documentation: do not treat reset --keep as a special case
Subject: setup: officially support --work-tree without --git-dir
t1510: fix typo in the comment of a test

Junio C Hamano (2):
Documentation updates for 'GIT_WORK_TREE without GIT_DIR' historical usecase
Git 1.7.4-rc3

Ramsay Allan Jones (1):
svndump.c: Fix a printf format compiler warning