Re: [GIT PULL] x86/apic changes for v2.6.38

From: Tony Luck
Date: Thu Jan 06 2011 - 17:28:08 EST

Taking a slight tangent ... it would seem that nr_cpus/maxcpus are woefully
inadequate on NUMA systems. If I have a four node NUMA machine and
I boot with maxcpus=4 ... I probably want one cpu on each node. I might
want all four of the cpus from the same node (so I can check memory
allocation from cpu-less nodes?). What I almost definitely don't want is
the first four cpus that the BIOS listed in the MADT (which could be
scattered in any way across nodes).

-Tony