Re: cgroup scheduling: Adding kthreadd to a non-RT cgroup candeadlock the kernel

From: Nelson Elhage
Date: Wed Jan 05 2011 - 10:02:36 EST

Ok. I bothered reporting this here since the kernel /does/ try to prevent you
from shooting yourself in the foot in related ways, by moving existing
SCHED_FIFO tasks into a cgroup without any RT runtime, so I figured it might
make sense to add a check here. libcgroup, for example, will try to move all
processes into a default cgroup, ignoring errors, and relies on the kernel to
prevent it from shooting itself in the foot.

It sounds like you consider that behavior a bug, though, so I'll go report this
bug there.

- Nelson