Re: Network Virtual Terminal

From: Hans-Peter Jansen
Date: Tue Jan 04 2011 - 12:14:22 EST

Dear Rodolfo,

On Monday 03 January 2011, 16:15:34 Rodolfo Giometti wrote:
> Hello,
>
> here my implementation of Network Virtual terminals (NVT tty)
> according to RFC 854 and RFC 2217... actually this is the client side
> part since as remote server I used sredird
> (http://freshmeat.net/projects/sredird/).

Sounds interesting. Could you outline the limits a bit? In one of my use
cases, I need to support 1200 baud with a rather esoteric 7E2 serial
setup. (Needless to say, the client is a butt ugly win app to control
gasoline pumps, running inself in a VMware WS setup. I'm supporting
this since ten years now, where VMware took about 4 years to get the
serial setup right finally...) Being able to redirect the serial data
over network (in an inexpensive, but reliable way) would make my life
significant easier in this respect.

Pete