Re: VT console need rewrite (fwd)

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Sun Jan 02 2011 - 04:01:26 EST

> > Yes. These days kernel sources and kernel messages both contain
> > non-ASCII characters... as well as many filesystems.
>
> But not in kernel printed messages.

Even in kernel messages.

" ,
On OLPC, I see "CAFE NAND ...: corrected 1 symbol errors"

(old/vendor kernel, through).

It still has:

MODULE_DESCRIPTION("NAND flash driver for OLPC CAFĂ? chip");

Aha, yes, bug is there even in new kernel:

static struct pci_driver cafe_nand_pci_driver = {
.name = "CAFĂ? NAND",
.id_table = cafe_nand_tbl,
.probe = cafe_nand_probe,
.remove = __devexit_p(cafe_nand_remove),
.resume = cafe_nand_resume,
};

That pci_driver.name does leak into
kmsg. ./drivers/mtd/nand/cafe_nand.c . I complained about it before...

Pavel