Wake On lan and ATL1 nic

From: Thomas Fjellstrom
Date: Tue Dec 14 2010 - 19:57:12 EST

I can't seem to get wol to work with my desktop, which has an integrated ATL1
GbE nic. I can't be absolutely sure if it ever worked, but I think it did at
one point. I can use ethtool to look at the wol status, that it supports
magic-packet wol, and I can enable it, which is done at boot using an init
script. But No matter how many times I try to send a wol packet to that
machine it never wakes up.

Looking around on the net seems to say it is supported, and should work, but
I'm not having any luck. Anyone have any hints?

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx