Re: kdump broken on 2.6.37-rc4

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Mon Dec 13 2010 - 14:47:48 EST

On 12/13/2010 10:20 AM, Yinghai Lu wrote:

> it seems 32bit kdump need crashkernel much low than we expect...
>
> Maybe we have to find_in_range_low() to make 32bit kdump happy.

Not this garbage again... sigh. Once again, I will want to know what
the actual constraint is... not just "oh, this seems to work on this one
system."

I realize that the kdump interfaces are probably beyond saving -- we
have had this discussion enough times -- but I'm not happy about it and
I will really want to know what the heck the real issue is.

Furthermore, such a function should NOT be private to x86 core; if it's
needed at all it should live in the memblock core.

-hpa