Re: compat-wireless-2.6.37-rc5 released

From: Luis R. Rodriguez
Date: Thu Dec 09 2010 - 20:08:48 EST

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 4:15 PM, Luis R. Rodriguez <mcgrof@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In later releases we will have to consider if we want to cherry pick
> anything extra or leave them as is. These few patches seem tempting to
> suck in:
>
> 01-ath9k-OTP.patch
> 03-ath9k-no-aggr-VO.patch
> 04-mac80211-no-aggr-VO.patch
> 05-ath9k-Reintroduce-modparam-to-enable-btcoex.patch
> 06-ath9k_hw-fix-A-MPDU-key-search-issues-on-AR9003.patch
>
> Particularly it is now known AR9003 devices will only ship with OTP
> so..

So it turns out this is inaccurate, AR9003 devices can ship with
EEPROM only or with OTP, it will vary, so while 2.6.36 and 2.6.37 will
not support only OTP based devices 2.6.38 will support both. What we
can do is cherry pick the OTP patches to the 2.6.36 and 2.6.37
compat-wireless releases but those two older stock kernels won't have
support for these.

Luis