Re: [patch 0/9] perf: Consolidate the event handling and ordering

From: Ian Munsie
Date: Thu Dec 09 2010 - 00:55:06 EST

Excerpts from Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo's message of Thu Dec 09 07:24:52 +1100 2010:
> Hi Ian,
>
> Have you had the chance of reviewing/testing this patch series
> so that we know that your needs are satisfied with it?

Hi Arnaldo,

Sorry I didn't get around to reviewing them yesterday. Overall they look
pretty good, other than the fall back issue running them the userspace
tool on an unpatched kernel I mentioned.

I've added my patch to enable the sorting in perf record. This time I
also enabled it in perf annotate and perf diff as I realised they would
also need the ordering to properly attribute the samples. I haven't
added it to any other commands - some already enable ordered_samples, so
we wouldn't want to enable ordering_requires_timestamps on them, and I
don't think any of the remaining commands need it.

Cheers,
-Ian