Re: [tip:x86/platform] x86: Unify current 3 similar ways of savingIRQ info

From: Thomas Gleixner
Date: Tue Dec 07 2010 - 17:33:18 EST

On Tue, 7 Dec 2010, Yinghai Lu wrote:
> On 12/07/2010 07:56 AM, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> >
> > Same here. No caller is interested in the detailed return value.
> >

> ok, after look at code and git log, i knew the reasons for those
> strange duplicated functions.
>
> Alexy changed
>
> /* MP IRQ source entries */
> -struct mpc_config_intsrc mp_irqs[MAX_IRQ_SOURCES];
> +struct mp_config_intsrc mp_irqs[MAX_IRQ_SOURCES];
>
> to make it decouple that with mpstable definition. so mptable will
> have mpc_intsrc, and acpi etc will use mp_config_intsrc
>
> and he planed to add more member to mp_config_intsrc .... never happened.
>
> then I added those functions with different parameters.
>
> one year later JSR changed all back to mpc_instr...
>
> so now have some duplicated functions....

> So yes, we should use simple versions in
> arch/x86/kernel/acpi/boot.c. ( assume functions mrst.c are copied
> from there)
>
> and should kill print_mp_irq_info or print_MP_intsrc_info...

Nice archaelogical detective work ! :)

So now I have Fengs patch plus Yinghais series which seem to go nicely
together, but I have the feeling that there is some stuff unresolved.

Yinghai, Feng: could you please work out the missing bits an pieces
(if any) and provide me a delta patch on top of the existing patches?

Thanks,

tglx