Re: Patch for Fintek F71869 watchdoh

From: Giel van Schijndel
Date: Mon Dec 06 2010 - 15:22:12 EST

On Mon, Dec 06, 2010 at 20:53:45 +0100, Michel Arboi wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Dec 2010 20:19:30 +0100 Giel van Schijndel <me@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Please insert that constant in the list of other Chipset ID's
>> alphabetically sorted (to keep that list consistent).
>
> Like this?

Aye, looks good.

Acked-By: Giel van Schijndel <me@xxxxxxxxx>

>> The rest of that patch looks fine. So if you perform the above
>> modification you'll get my Ack.
>
> Please note that this was just a quick hack. My basic tests showed
> that the board did not reboot by itself, and it rebooted when I
> stopped the watchdog process.

That's intended behaviour and probably sufficient for testing. Most of
the behaviour isn't chip-specific, only the initialisation and
configuration of the chip is specific to that chip AFAIK.

> I downloaded the chip datasheet from Fintek's site but could not make
> much sense out of it. It is rather terse.

Yes, those datasheets can easily give you a headache when you're trying
to make sense of them.

PS You might want to include patches inline (i.e. as part of the message
text) as that's standard procedure for Linux MLs. That allows easy
reviewing and commenting on patches.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,
With kind regards,