Re: [Regression] firewire_ohci causes system resume to fail

From: Stefan Richter
Date: Sun Dec 05 2010 - 11:10:30 EST

On Dec 05 Stefan Richter wrote:
> On Dec 05 Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> > There is a regression I can reproduce 100% of the time on a AMD-based desktop
> > box that resume from hibernation (or suspend) fails because of the firewire_ohci
> > module. The box just hangs when firewire_ohci resume runs, apparently, and it
> > is sufficient to do:
> >
> > # echo devices > /sys/power/pm_test
> > # echo disk > /sys/power/state
> >
> > to reproduce the issue.
>
> Do you have anything attached to the FireWire bus? What controller do
> you have?

I just now tested the above on an Intel Mac mini, running
unmodified 2.6.37-rc4 x86-32, without and with a camera on the FireWire
port, and could not reproduce the problem. I also got an AMD based PC
here with an array of different FireWire controllers which I shall make
available to the same test...
--
Stefan Richter