Re: [GIT PULL 0/4] perf/core improvements

From: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo
Date: Fri Dec 03 2010 - 08:05:52 EST

Em Fri, Dec 03, 2010 at 05:10:44PM +1100, Ian Munsie escreveu:
> Excerpts from Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo's message of Fri Dec 03 06:39:28 +1100 2010:
> > Ian, if you prefer, please test it before Ingo merges it.
>
> Have done so and just about finished rebasing my patches on top of these
> - I'll try to get them posted tonight. The bug I was working on is
> fixed, so I'm happy :)

Great!

> I haven't come across the bug that Thomas ran into, but then again I
> haven't been testing the non-perf parts of perf for this either.

I'll work on the problem related by Thomas today.

> Which reminds me, does anyone have a test suite for perf other than
> ./perf test?

Not that I know of, perf test is intended to be that, please consider
adding more tests :)

I want to do things like start a thread that will generate cache misses,
and then have a monitor thread measuring it, passing the test if it gets
into some range (its sampling after all), etc.

- Arnaldo