RE: Linux stable kernel release procedure changes

From: Daniel Taylor
Date: Thu Dec 02 2010 - 22:09:54 EST

I appreciate the amount of work involved in a "-longterm", and had
been hoping that .37 would be the next candidate. In addition to
the distros, those of us embedding Linux have enjoyed the ability
to base a variety of products on a common "-longterm" kernel.

I could use some idea of the hours/{week,month} needed for an
experienced kernel maintainer to keep a "-longterm" updated for,
at least, bug fixes from later kernels.

Thank you for your time and effort.