Re: autogroup patches for mainline 2.6.37-rc4 and stable 2.6.36.1

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Wed Dec 01 2010 - 05:18:11 EST

* Mike Galbraith <efault@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> For those interested in trying out 'autogroup', please find patches for
> $subject attached. The 2.6.36.1 patch depends upon the (also attached)
> cgroup movement fixup patch already in mainline.
>
> Bug reports welcome. I'll likely be a bit slow responding, as I have a
> backlog to slog through, but rest assured, they'll not go to waste.

The autogroup scheduling feature is now also available via the scheduler development
tree, 2.6.37-rc4 based, via:

http://people.redhat.com/mingo/tip.git/README

And the feature has been queued up for a v2.6.38 merge. Testing so far is promising
- beyond testboxes i run it on one of my main boxes as well and have noticed no
troubles.

Thanks,

Ingo